Construction Companies Cut Waste with Waste Management’s DART Tool
Ten construction companies, all using Waste Management’s Diversion and Recycling Tracking Tool (DART), have put more than 90 thousand tons of materials to reuse and achieved a 70 percent diversion rate.
Waste Management has recognized these top waste reduction customers with its 2015 Sustainability Circle of Excellence Award.
The winning companies are: Balfour Beatty Construction; Gilbane Building; J.H. Findorff & Son; M.A. Mortenson; Robins & Morton; Skanska USA; Wespac Construction; The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company; Walsh Construction; and W.M. Jordan.
DART is an online application that calculates the amount of waste — as well as the different types of waste — being diverted from the landfill.
Information is updated daily with accurate recycling totals. The tool can then convert those numbers into environmental statistics, such as the equivalent amount of greenhouse emissions a project avoided. The information DART provides is used by some of the nation’s top builders to achieve LEED certification, Waste Management says.
In March Waste Management joined Curbside Value Partnership’s Recycling Partnership, which aims to improve US curbside recycling.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation