TKPL, Marathon Partnership Aims to Increase Waste Diversion Rates
The companies say the partnership will help their customers lower operating costs and achieve higher diversion rates as a result of TKPL’s waste management equipment.
TKPL, which focuses on commercial, industrial and waste-to-energy customers, manufacturers the Torxx Kinetic Pulverizer (KP), a system that the company says is capable of destroying the most demanding of waste materials. It deconstructs large volumes of waste and other materials into a fine homogeneous fluff or shatters them into small predefined particle sizes, depending on the feedstock.
“All other waste processors — mainly chippers, cutters, grinders, shredders and hammer mills — break down waste for compaction or further processing with a direct contact cutting and shearing action,” says “Richard Stevens, EVP business development for TKPL. “Our KP creates numerous high-velocity tornadoes within the mill using advanced aerodynamic principles. The result is that billions of collisions take place at velocities approaching the speed of sound, causing rapid and violent self-attrition into small high surface area particles — ideal for subsequent conversion to energy or dense compaction into the smallest possible volume.”
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency