Slot Injector Aeration System Used for Membrane Bioreactor Plants
KLa Systemsâ€™Â Slot Injector aeration system is ideal for membrane bioreactor (MBR) plant processes because the injectors do not experience depressed alpha factors, so they continuously deliver high oxygen transfer rates withinÂ the membrane bioreactor’s biomass environment, according to the company.
The system also offers flexible operation using DO feedback to variable frequency drive controlled pumps and blowers for improved process control and optimum energy management.
Used in wastewater treatment plants, slot injectors are powerful hydraulic mixers that, when run in the anoxic mode, can maintain complete mixing conditions without air addition at mixed liquor suspended solids (MLSS) concentrations in the 8,000-15,000 mg/l range, which is typical for the MBR process.
The injectors, distribution piping and support system are fabricated of corrosion resistant polypropylene, fiber-reinforced plastic and stainless steel. When necessary, the KLa injectors can be cleaned out using the companyâ€™s airlift backflush system without needing to take the basin out of service.
Energy Manager News
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated inÂ Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its â€˜Source-to-Payâ€™ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter