Treatment System Recovers 100% Water Used
Italian company Baioni Crushing Spa has introduced a water treatment system to purify and recover water used during sand washing, quarrying and recycling operations.
To recover 100 percent of the water used and eliminate the concentration of sludge, the system includes a full sludge treatment system that incorporates last generation thickeners, a polyelectrolyte dosing system, high-performance horizontal centrifuges, filter presses and pod systems. Thickeners are steel tank demountable and include six rakes, a dinamic bridge with hydraulic system, gearbox and heavy-duty shaft and a rake assembly with full walkway access. Rakes concentrate the sludge into a discharging cone via low-speed rotation and rotate along tank floor to avoid clogging.
The water used for washing is reused rather than disposed of, reducing the amount of fresh water required to feed the washing plant by up to 80 percent, Baioni says. Once the thickened sludge is extracted from discharge tank and sent through the centrifuge, excess water can be extracted using the BaiWash system and the BaiDec decanter, further reducing the amount of sludge.
The system is fully automatic and can be remotely controlled. Its compact, modular design makes it easy to install and move.
Energy Manager News
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018