Spiral Water Wins Global Water Award
Spiral Water Technologies’ filter is capable of filtering up to 100 times dirtier water while using only 10 percent of the energy and a fraction of the footprint and weight — winning the water treatment company a 2015 Technology Idol at the Global Water Awards in Athens.
Spiral Water CEO Ashwin Gulati received the award after presenting the company’s automatic self-cleaning filter technology. Gulati explained how the patented Spiral Water Filter is able to remove solids ranging in size from 10 to 100um with total suspended solids concentration of up to 25,000 mg/L.
The Spiral Water Automatic Self Cleaning Filter was specifically designed to address the issue of high and variable suspended solids removal across multiple industries and applications, including frac flowback filtration, high TSS filters, pre filter for RO/UF, and industrial water filtration.
Two CH2M projects — a water treatment plant and a wastewater recycling project — also received 2015 Global Water Awards.
Energy Manager News
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018