China to License DuPont Biofuel Technology
The agreement allows Jilin Province New Tianlong Industryâ€™s (NTL) plant, located in Siping City, Jilin Province, to license DuPontâ€™s cellulosic ethanol technology and use DuPont Accellerase enzymes to produce renewable biofuel from the leftover biomass on Jilin Provinceâ€™s corn farms. NTL is working to secure the necessary government approvals and support to implement this agreement.
The agreement will help NTL produce cellulosic renewable fuel for the rapidly growing Chinese liquid biofuel market, which is projected to exceed 1.7Â billion gallons per year by 2020.
China has set a goal to peak carbon dioxide emissions by 2030 or sooner and to increase Chinaâ€™s non-fossil fuel share of energy to around 20 percent by 2030.
Energy Manager News
- Teslaâ€™s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UKâ€™s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation