TechWaste Recycling Earns Responsible Recycler Certification
TechWaste Recycling, an electronics recycler providing electronics recycling, secure data destruction, and IT asset disposition services, has received Responsible Recycling Practices Standard (R2), ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certifications recognized by the EPA for its Southern California facility.
Sustainable Electronics Recycling International (SERI), the governing body of the R2 standard, recently upgraded the R2 electronics recycling standard and says the new R2:2013 standard has tougher requirements.
With these new certifications, TechWaste Recycling says it will continue to provide electronic waste and recycling services with a focus on environmental sustainability. TechWaste Recycling employs effective reuse methods to minimize the amount of e-waste being landfilled while protecting customer data and processing equipment to the highest health, safety and environmental standards.
In March, SERI, Microsoft and PC Rebuilders & Recyclers announced a pilot project that will create incentives for purchasing refurbished computers.
Energy Manager News
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project