Commercial-Scale Biochemical Production Plant Online
Biobased-chemical company GFBiochemicals has started commercial production at its 10,000 metric ton per year capacity levulinic acid plant in Caserta, Italy.
The large-scale production plant and proprietary technology will lower the price of levulinic acid, making it available to new market segments, says GFBiochemicals Maxim Katinov.
The global market for bio-based platform chemicals is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.82 percent from 2015-2019, according to a TechNavio report.
In March BASF made bio-based Polytetrahydrofuran 1000 available for the first time and BioAmber initiated commissioning activities for its 30,000 metric ton-capacity bio-succinic acid plant — the world’s largest — located in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation