$4.6 Million Metals Recycling Facility Under Construction
Headquartered in Alzenau, Germany, Mairec specializes in the recovery of high-valued rare metals from recycled goods that contain them. Mairec has a diverse customer base across a number of industries, including automotive, chemical, electronics, petrochemical, pharmaceuticals, porcelain, solar, surface technology and telecommunications.
To house its new South Carolina operations, Mairec is leasing a 50,800-square-foot building at 230 Old Converse Road in Spartanburg that it says will allow the company to meet increasing demand in both the North American and global markets and service its well-established client base in North America.
The recycling facility is expected to be fully operational by September.
Last year BlueOak Resources partnered with the Arkansas Teachers’ Retirement Fund and the Arkansas Development Finance Authority to build the first urban mining refinery in the US capable of retrieving valuable metals from e-waste.
Energy Manager News
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter