Laser Based Gas Analyzer Launched
Environnement SA has introduced a laser absorption spectrometry gas analyzer in four different versions to cover a number of applications for CEMS regulatory and process control.
Applications include coal fired boiler HCl measurement on dry FGD scrubber stack, brick manufacturer HCL stack measurement, incinerator HCl measurement, aluminum smelter HF measurement, coal fired boiler SNCR NH3 measurement, and cement plant HCl monitoring.
Available models are:
- LAS 300 XD HF for hydrofluoric acid (HF) and water (H2O) monitoring
- LAS 300 XD HCl for hydrochloric acid (HCl) and water (H2O) monitoring
- LAS 300 XD NH3 for ammonia (NH3) and water (H2O) monitoring
- LAS 300 XD O2 for Oxygen monitoring
Light from a singlemode laser source is directed through the gas to measured and, as the laser frequency is tuned, the intensity of light received by the photodetector varies depending on the concentration of a specific gas is present.
The gas monitor LAS 300 XD uses the TDLS method, a non-contact optical technology and therefore the emitter (laser source) as the sensor stays protected from any contamination or corrosion and so the maintenance operation and the cost of operation are very low compared to other technologies, the company says.
Energy Manager News
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo