Nontoxic Firefighting Chemical Used to Combat 100+ Wildfires This Season
GelTech Solutionsâ€™ FireIce High Visibility Orange â€” a nontoxic firefighting chemical â€” has been actively used by more than 10 state and federal wildland firefighting agencies so far this season to fight more than 100 fires in the US and Canada.
FireIce is an advanced, nontoxic, non-corrosive polymer that when hydrated produces a water-based fire retardant and suppressant, which makes it safer for the environment than traditional firefighting chemicals, according to GelTech. FireIce also weighs significantly less than other commonly used chemicals, enhancing the safety of pilots and their aircraft, the company says.
FireIce has been deployed in more than 10 different types of aircraft for both initial attack, extended attack and large fire operations. GelTech says pilots, tanker base managers and wildland firefighters on the ground have praised the productâ€™s effectiveness, ease of use and environmental friendliness.
The global market for bio-based platform chemicals is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.82 percent from 2015-2019, according to a TechNavio report.
Energy Manager News
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated inÂ Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its â€˜Source-to-Payâ€™ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter