MGB Plastics Pumps $1.6M into Injection Molding Machinery
MGB Plasics, the UK’s largest manufacturer of wheeled recycling bins, has invested more than £1 million ($1.6 million) in injection molding machinery to help increase production and target new markets.
The new 2700t Krauss Maffei injection molding machine at MGB Plastics’ Rotherham factory — its fourth investment in as many years — will allow the company to manufacture more products, cope with extra demand and boost sales as it targets a growing share of the market, the company says.
The Krauss Maffei 2700t injection molding machine tool will mean reduced setup times leading to increased flexibility and energy efficiency combined with shorter production lead times.
Alongside recent purchases of 2300t and 2700t Krauss Maffei machines, MGB Plastics now operates one of the largest selections of heavy tonnage injection molding machines in the UK. This has increased the manufacturing capacity of its modern 5,000-square-foot factory on Barbot Hall Industrial Estate in Rotherham to 2 million bins and kitchen caddies annually
MGB Plastics has the largest share of the UK wheeled bin and recycling container market alongside sister firm Straight, both part of the OnePlastics Group portfolio.
One51plc, based in Ireland, recently created a new brand called OnePlastics Group, which saw seven businesses come together under one brand umbrella. The group says it plans to grow its client base by winning contracts locally and by acquiring strategic targets such as the purchase of Straight.
Energy Manager News
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo