Remote Monitoring for Oil & Gas, Water Treatment Pump Stations
Monitoring technology company Sensaphone has introduced a cellular version of its Sentinel system that provides 24/7 monitoring of unattended equipment and remote locations where internet or ethernet connectivity is unavailable.
When the Sentinel system detects a problem such as leaks, temperature changes and power outages, it immediately sends alerts by phone, text or email over standard cellular networks provided by AT&T or Verizon. This instant notification allows personnel to take corrective action, save critical assets and quickly address a potentially costly situation, the company says.
The Sentinel cellular system is ideal for a variety of applications including oil and gas operations, water treatment pump stations, commercial greenhouses, livestock facilities, data centers and HVACR equipment.
Only one Sentinel unit is required to monitor up to 12 different environmental and equipment status conditions including temperature from -109 degrees F to 168 degrees F, humidity, water and power. The Sentinel system stores all sensor readings in the cloud, which provides unlimited information storage and protects against data loss. Multiple devices can be managed from one account using web-based management tools. No software is required, so installation, integration and management of the system are fast and easy, the company says.
The Sentinel system’s enhanced data logging capabilities allow users to print, graph or export event reports daily via email, providing an audit trail of all user data activities. In addition to the cellular version, Sensaphone offers an Ethernet-based model.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency