Sulzer Pumps for Salt Caverns Storage Project
Sulzer has received an order from Strathcona Storage Limited Partnership to supply pumps for the application of injecting hydrocarbons at a very high pressure into salt caverns for storage.
The CP Volute Style Pumps for the ethylene service and CP Volute Style Pumps for the ethylene service will be shipped in the first quarter of 2016.
Strathcona Storage Limited Partnership — a company formed in partnership between ATCO Energy Solutions and Petrogas Energy — is developing four caverns with a total capacity to store 400,000 cubic meters of natural gas liquids. The first two caverns are targeted to go into operation in fall 2016, with the next pair ready in fall 2017.
The project will help to move natural gas liquid products to North American and international export markets.
Sulzer anticipates that this technology of storing propane, butane and ethylene will be used in the future by many other companies that are involved in temporary storage of light hydrocarbons in salt caverns. This technology of storage has a low impact on the environment, the company says.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency