Air Products Boosts Glass Industry Environmental Performance, Productivity
Air Products, which develops oxy-fuel combustion technology for the global glass industry, has been selected by Techpack Solutions in Korea to supply its integrated oxy-fuel solution, helping the container glass maker to reduce emissions and improve energy efficiency and productivity.
The integrated solution encompasses Air Products’ oxy-fuel combustion system, including Cleanfire HRiTM oxy-fuel burners and an automatic flow control skid. The company will also install a PRISM vacuum swing adsorption (VSA) oxygen generator to supply reliable and economical on-site oxygen used to power the oxy-fuel burners for melting glass.
Oxy-fuel technology provides multiple benefits such as over 50 percent reduction in nitrogen oxide emissions, 10 percent to 20 percent in energy savings, about 25 percent increase in productivity, reduction of capital, and improvement in efficiency and glass quality, Air Products says.
Last year Air Products signed contracts with more than 20 recycled copper manufacturers in China to provide its oxy-fuel technology.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation