Is Apple’s Secret Project Titan a Self-Driving Electric Car?
The GoMentum Station, a 2,100-acre facility on the site of what used to be the Concord Naval Weapons Station, in Concord, California, has more than 20 miles of paved roads, city streets, railroad crossing and tunnels.
The Guardian obtained Apple documents through a public records act request that show Apple is interested in using the site to develop its autonomous vehicles.
Earlier this year, reports surfaced that Apple is moving into the into the zero-emissions vehicle market with a team of more than 100 engineers developing an electric car. The Wall Street Journal reported Apple chief executive Tim Cook is overseeing the secret project, codenamed Titan, and that Apple’s EV is similar to a minivan. Maybe a self-driving electric minivan?
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation