Novelis Develops High-Strength Alloys for Automotive Industry
The company says the Novelis Advanz 7000-series is two to three times stronger than any automotive aluminum used in high volumes today. The products can be used to manufacture components such as bumper systems, crash ring components and door intrusion beams.
The new alloy series will offer a significant weight reduction when compared to current high strength steels in the marketplace, enabling automakers to further reduce the weight of vehicles while ensuring high levels of passenger safety, Novelis says.
Customer testing of the first Novelis Advanz 7000-series alloys is currently underway with a number of global automakers. Novelis is a partner to many major automakers and their vehicles, such as the new Ford F-150, the Range Rover and the Jaguar XE.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation