Falcon Launches Water-Saving Hybrid Urinal Technology
Falcon Waterfree Technologies has launched water-saving hybrid urinal technology to the US new construction market.
Industry-wide high-efficiency urinal (HEU) adoption now allows plumbing fixtures to respond to nationwide severe drought by minimizing flush volumes, the company says. However, new research has demonstrated that supplemental water flows help keep the pipes behind HEUs clean. Falcon’s hybrid urinal technology uses this insight and periodically sends a large volume of water through the pipe system behind waterfree urinals.
This patented technology functions as waterfree in daily use and automatically performs a full gallon (4 liter) flush of the urinal and pipe system every 72 hours instead of trickling a small volume of water with each use like other HEUs. Falcon’s hybrid urinal technology’s automatic flush only uses 102 gallons of water a year no matter how many people use the fixture.
Falcon’s hybrid technology provides maximum United States Green Building Council LEED points and consistent and quantifiable water savings for sustainability professionals or those responding to drought conditions.
The company estimates its existing technology has saved a total of 20 billion gallons of water over the last 10 years.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation