GPT Improves Sodexo’s Recycling, Waste Management
Sodexo manages the International Study Centres facilities at St. Georges Tower, which is comprised of 164 student accommodation studios and some small college facilities in Leicester.
In a case study, GPT says at the end of 2014 Sodexo asked GPT to take over the waste management with future plans to identifying and improving overall waste practices.
This site requires its waste provider to be flexible because the amount of waste generated by the students varies throughout the course of the year. At the beginning of summer it is necessary for the site to increase the frequency of collections for when residents are vacating, and then decrease significantly when the Tower has much fewer occupants.
Another hurdle to overcome with GPT involvement, is encouraging students, all of whom are international, to recycle.
After the initial few months of review, GPT reduced the client’s general waste collection frequency by half and implemented an improved bin system for the site.
This small, but effective, change started in February 2015 and it has already saved Sodexo about £4,000.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool