NOV Waste Pumps Cut Day-Long Maintenance to 30 Minutes
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) has provided a pair of Mono progressing cavity pumps, which are helping to manage some 12,000 metric tons of waste material each year, including 7,500 metric tons of food waste from North Somerset Council, at a major waste recycling plant in Weston-super-Mare, UK.
An EZstrip transfer pump and a Compact C range pump have been installed as part of an anaerobic digestion (AD) process operated by waste management company, Cory Environmental. Three other EZstrip pumps have previously been installed in other parts of this plant.
NOV’s EZstrip design has changed the progressing cavity pumps and associated products are maintained, as it allows a pump to be disassembled and de-ragged quickly and easily, without the need to remove the pump or any attached pipework, the company says. This reduces the typical day-long PC pump maintenance operation to just a 30 minute job, thus maximizing uptime and availability and saving waste management firms’ money, according to NOV.
The Compact C Range progressing cavity pump is a compact unit that will fit into compact spaces. It features a good suction lift capability of over eight meters, a positive displacement action which gives reliable process control, and a variable speed capability, “which makes it well suited to the sort of accurate dosing applications which are found in AD operations,” says Alistair Holl, director of Cory Environmental resource management.
This pump is available in either cast iron or stainless steel, which allows it to be tailored to applications with special requirements such as AD. A high-pressure capability eliminates the need for a series of pumps when pumping over long distances or with high head requirements. It can also be supplied with a square inlet and conveyor to assist with the pumping of viscous slurries such as food waste.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool