Diageo joins WBCSD
Diageo yesterday became the newest member of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development, joining the ranks of WBCSD’s almost 200 member companies.
The alcoholic beverage company, which makes Guinness, Smirnoff and Johnnie Walker, among other major brands, has committed to reducing its water use and carbon emissions by 2020, among other steps it is taking to reduce its environmental impact. It says the new partnership with WBCSD aims to advance sustainability in the food and beverage industry.
Diageo produces at 131 sites in over 30 countries, with products sold in nearly 200. Some of Diageo’s existing initiatives include safeguarding natural resources, promoting local raw material sourcing and industry collaboration. The company improved water use efficiency by 30 percent in 2015 against a 2007 baseline, according to its 2015 integrated annual report. Year-over-year water efficiency improved 10 percent.
Energy Manager News
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge