Updated ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems Released
The International Organization for Standardization today published its much-anticipated updated ISO 14001 environmental management systems.
ISO says the updated standard will better support businesses as they manage growing environmental risks and take advantage of business opportunities. It will require companies to:
- Put in place measures to proactively respond to growing environmental risks.
- Ensure top management are accountable for environmental performance improvement.
- Place greater emphasis on managing environmental impacts across the value chain.
Nigel Marsh, global head of environment at Rolls-Royce, says the revised standard will help ensure businesses acknowledge the environment and sustainability are among the top issues facing organizations. “The revisions to ISO 14001 highlight the vital role that senior management can play to ensure that their companies have a clear strategic approach to the environment and maximize the opportunities for their business.”
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures