Thinkstep Strengthens Product Stewardship with BOMcheck, EC4P
Thinkstep has acquired the www.BOMcheck.net substance declarations web database and the www.EC4P.com recycling compliance management system — new additions that thinkstep says makes it the only company to offer a full line of sustainability solutions from product design to material selection, procurement, compliance, through to end-of-life.
BOMcheck, an industry collaboration led by Siemens, Philips, GE, OSRAM, Sony Mobile, Schneider Electric, Toshiba, Agfa, Texas Instruments and TE, remains an independent, collaborative system. The same industry steering group continues to direct its functions and features. The sites’ designer, Aidan Turnbull, Ph.D., and his team, are now part of thinkstep and will continue product development and support.
The acquisition will allows thinkstep clients improve product stewardship across the lifecycle, “using GaBi to assess product impact across the lifecycle, our integrated materials management (IMM) to select compliant materials, BOMcheck to help procure compliant parts from their suppliers and EC4P to manage their end-of-life recycling,” says thinkstep’s vice president of business development, Michael Betz.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool