Wood Reuse, Recycling Options in Online Directory
The American Wood Council and Canadian Wood Council, in partnership with the Building Materials Reuse Association, developed the website.
AWC president and CEO Robert Glowinski says there has historically been a lack of awareness of the opportunities to recycle and reuse wood products. ReuseWood.org aims to change that and help educate builders, designers and consumers about ways to salvage, recycle or reuse wood products, in turn reducing waste.
Website features include:
- The business directory is accessible via both map and list, with easy sorting capabilities according to target categories (location, services provided, etc).
- Individual listing pages show the contact information, location and available services for each business.
- The sustainable wood guide includes useful information and articles on the different wood products and the opportunities for wood reuse or recycling.
BMRA executive director Anne Nicklin says the demand for reclaimed wood products is increasing: “The North American Wood Reuse and Recycling Directory will connect demand and supply to ensure the continued growth of this reclaimed wood market, while simultaneously keeping thousands of tons of wood out of landfills.”
The green building sector is outpacing overall construction growth in the US and will account for more than 2.3 million American jobs this year, according to a US Green Building Council study from Booz Allen Hamilton published earlier this month.
Energy Manager News
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge