Xylem’s 4M Wastewater Pumps Solve Worldwide Water Challenges
Water technology company Xylem has produced its 4 millionth Flygt wastewater pump at its manufacturing facility in Sweden, making it the first international pump manufacturer to have produced this quantity of wastewater pumps at the same facility.
The 4 millionth Flygt wastewater pump will support the the central pumping station at Azaibah, Muscat, Oman, which pumps wastewater across 8 kilometers to the Al Ansab treatment plant in the Middle Eastern state.
Xylem’s Flygt pump brand has a 100-year legacy, from developing the first submerged pumps to designing the non-clogging N-impeller, to producing wear resistant hydraulics. The very first Flygt pump was manufactured at Xylem’s factory in Emmaboda, Sweden.
Xylem’s Flygt pumps are also produced at manufacturing sites around the world in China, India, the United States and Argentina. The company applies its technologies to solve complex global water challenges including removing flood waters from New York and New Jersey following Hurricane Sandy, providing energy-efficient wastewater pumping at Heathrow airport and preventing flooding of downtown Kuala Lumpur.
The 4 millionth 500 kw pump stands at 2.85 meters in height, 5,300 kilograms weight, with a pumping capacity of 500 liters per second at 66.9 meter head. It features Flygt’s monitoring system for operational safety, and accessible data review.
The global water pumps market is projected to surpass $54 billion by 2020, according to a TechSci Research report.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation