Oil, Gas, Chemical Systems Support Provided by Partnership
OSIsoft is a software provider of enterprise infrastructure for management of real-time data and events. The partnership agreement will enable the implementation of operational intelligence and decision support solutions, according to the two companies.
IT Vizion’s Darren Steele says it makes sense for IT Vizion to formally partner with OSIsoft because the OSIsoft infrastructure already provides value to IT Vizion’s oil and gas customers, while IT Vizion’s PI System services are used in many refineries, upstream facilities and chemical plants around the world.
“As many existing customers have witnessed, our industrial decision support solutions provide structured analytics of large volumes of data, from a variety of sources at different velocities, and through analytics and contextual modeling we help transform the raw data into actionable information and sustainable value,” Steele says. “From single site to the enterprise level, crude oil to finished product, and down-hole well sensor to the board, our solutions leverage the OSIsoft’s PI System Infrastructure to serve all levels within an organization.”
Low oil prices are driving operators toward innovations from robotic drilling to advanced seismic imaging, as they restructure and streamline operations to cut down non-productive time and shave costs, according to a Lux Research report published this week.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market