Dry Ice Blasting Provides Fast, Environmentally Responsible Cleaning
Dry ice blasting is a non-abrasive, environmentally responsible cleaning method in which soft dry ice pellets are accelerated in a pressurized air stream and directed at a surface in order to clean it. The dry ice vaporizes on contact with the surface. The cleaning process does not use water or chemicals, or produce any secondary waste.
Moulds can be cleaned while hot and in-place.
When used in the tire manufacturing industry, for example, dry ice blasting is an efficient way to clean the extruder barrel, center core, screws, extrusion dies and other ancillary equipment. The manufacturer saves money due to reduced labor costs, decreased down time and reduced scrap.
Energy Manager News
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018