EPA Freight Industry Award Winners Revealed
The awards honors the top performing SmartWay partner companies that demonstrate how businesses can shrink their carbon footprints and contribute to healthier air all while saving on fuel costs as they move goods across America.
The 2015 SmartWay Excellence Awardees for retailers, manufacturers and logistics companies are: Armada, Appleton Coated, Bacardi USA, Canon USA, Gorton’s, Hewlett-Packard, Kimberly-Clark, Lowe’s, Menlo Logistics, Home Depot and Whirlpool.
Hewlett-Packard, Lowe’s, Kimberly-Clark, Menlo Logistics and Home Depot won 2014 awards as well.
The EPA says award winners demonstrate environmental leadership through effective collaboration; advanced technology and operational practices; robust SmartWay data validation and reporting; communication and public outreach; and, implementation of sustainability practices in local communities.
Since 2004, SmartWay Partners have avoided emissions of over 60 million metric tons of the carbon pollution that contributes to climate change, while saving more than 140 million barrels of oil and over $20 billion in fuel costs.
Energy Manager News
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018