Truck Owners Can Receive $65k for Replacing Diesel Trucks with Natural Gas
Truck owners operating in California may receive a $65,000 grant for every diesel truck that they replace with a new natural gas model.
Clean Energy Fuels wants to help truck owners apply for California’s Prop. 1B program and will handle all of the paperwork, free of charge. Applications are due Nov. 20.
To be eligible for the grant funds, for the past two years the truck must have been registered in California and run 90 percent of its annual mileage in California. It also must be equipped with a diesel engine model year 2009 or older.
In May, UPS entered into an agreement to purchase renewable natural gas (RNG) for its delivery vehicle fleet from Clean Energy Fuels, making it the largest RNG users in the US shipping industry.
Energy Manager News
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project