Insulation Materials Green Seal Standard Coming Soon
Green Seal is developing a new environmental leadership standard for architectural insulation materials, which will include the product categories of fiberglass, mineral wool, polystyrene and polyisocyanurate foam, polyurethane, cellulose, cotton/recycled denim, and possibly reflective insulation and radiant barriers.
Green Seal has released a scoping document and is seeking public comment until Nov. 23. The scoping document covers an initial review of several types of insulation, the impacts of those products and draft requirements for performance and protection of health and the environment.
Green Seal plans to propose a full draft standard for public comment in early 2016.
Energy Manager News
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo