Coca-Cola HBC Commits to Halving Carbon Emissions
In September, the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices named the bottling company as the word sustainability leader in the beverage industry for the second consecutive year. This is the eighth year that the company has been included in the DJSI, the global benchmark for corporate sustainability.
Coca-Cola HBC was also ranked eighth out of the top 100 companies listed on the Financial Times Stock Exchange (FTSE 100) index for its carbon reporting by Carbon Clear — and ranked first within the beverage sector.
Of the 2,500 companies invited to participate in the DJSI assessment worldwide, Coca-Cola HBC ranked first in the beverage industry with a total score of 87/100. This was 34 points higher than the industry average. The company was ranked industry best in eight criteria: code of business conduct/compliance/anti-corruption; environmental policy; packaging; raw materials sourcing; human capital development; health and nutrition; social reporting; and talent attraction and retention.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool