Toolkit Eliminates Bacteria, H2S in Produced Water Without Chemicals
OriginClear’s Electro-Oxidation (EO) Toolkit effectively removes — without chemicals — 96 percent of bacteria and 97 percent of hydrogen sulfide (H2S) from produced water. The company reported the results after the Toolkit was used to lab and field test produced water from the Eagle Ford shale formation.
Cost and water scarcity are driving operators to reinject produced and frack flowback water into wells. If this water goes untreated, bacteria can grow and can create health and safety issues. It can also generate H2S that “sours” well formations. Crude oil can lose 10 percent of its value if it sours.
OriginClear’s EO Toolkit is available for licensing.
Technology from OriginClear’s subsidiary, Progressive Water Treatment allows for previously rejected recovered water to be blended with raw well water for consumption as city drinking water.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation