Exxon Investigated for Climate Change Lies
The newspaper cites people with knowledge of the investigation and says New York attorney general Eric T. Schneiderman issued a subpoena Wednesday evening to Exxon that demands financial records, emails and other documents.
According to a series of reports by Inside Climate News published last month, Exxon scientists conducted cutting-edge climate research decades ago and then led efforts to block anti-climate change action.
Exxon called the reports “inaccurate and deliberately misleading.”
This week Environmental Defense Fund President Fred Krupp was among 49 leaders from environmental, indigenous and civil rights groups signing a public letter asking US Attorney General Loretta Lynch to launch a probe to determine whether Exxon “knew about the dangers of climate change even as it funded efforts at climate denial and systematically misled the public.”
Energy Manager News
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge