Resource Calculator Helps Textile Industry Reduce Water, Energy, Chemical Use
Using intelligent processes and smart chemistry can reduce water consumption in the textile industry by 50 percent, energy use by 30 percent and chemicals use by 15 percent, according to bluesign technologies. Bluesign will unveil its blueXpert resource productivity calculator at the ITMA 2015 textile and garment machinery exhibition, which will be held Nov. 12–19 in Milan, Italy. The company introduced blueXpert during a bluesign conference earlier this year.
The web-based application is the newest addition to the bluesign system, which minimizes the environmental impact of textile production by ensuring substances and raw materials used in the production process are verified in advance.
Bluesign will demonstrate how blueXpert can be used to optimize processes to save resources and minimize environmental impact using intelligent process technology and smart chemistry from verified chemical suppliers.
Conditions existing in the textile factory as well as the specific chemicals and materials used will be considered and compared to best available techniques. The benchmarks show immediate cost savings and reduction of environmental impact.
Energy Manager News
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy to Launch Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger