Tetra Pak Launches 100% Renewable Package Globally
Tetra Pak is making its Tetra Rex Bio-based, the world’s first fully renewable package, available to customers worldwide. Finnish dairy producer Valio piloted the packaging for its lactose free semi-skimmed milk drink and now plans to expand use of the renewable package for some of its other products.
Tetra Rex Bio-based is manufactured solely from a combination of plastics derived from sugar cane and paperboard.
Brazilian chemical company Braskem produces the bio-based plastics used in Tetra Rex Bio-based. Braskem sources all of its feedstock from sugar cane grown on degraded pastures. Tetra Rex Bio-based has the highest level of bio-based certification from Vincotte.
The packaging received a Gold Award at the Pro2Pac Excellence Awards in the UK last week for being the world’s first carton made entirely from plant-based, renewable packaging materials.
Tetra Rex Bio-based is available in a range of sizes, from a half-pint to a half-gallon, for all chilled milk specifications.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency