Organix Solutions Commercializes Organic Waste Recovery System
Organix Solutions, a Minnesota-based organics recovery and municipal waste consultancy, will be commercializing its BurCell recovery technology. The BurCell captures all organic waste from the municipal solid waste (MSW) stream, including food and compostable paper, removing even the smallest particles of food scraps that typically are left behind with current material handling practices.
The company demonstrated the recovery system at its Delano facility (pictured).
In 2010, the Minnesota state legislature mandated organics (food waste) as a recyclable and exempted source-separated compostable waste from solid waste management taxes. Organics and non-recycled paper represent up to 60 percent of the MSW stream.
The BurCell system was originally designed by Cornerstone Resources and manufactured by Marathon Equipment, a brand within the Environmental Solutions Group (ESG).
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation