OriginClear, Renewable Water Technologies Team Up to Treat Agricultural Effluent
OriginClear and Renewable Water Technologies (RWT), a spin-off of Wisconsin’s Renewable Algae Group, have teamed up to offer complete treatment solutions for agricultural effluent reclamation, with a focus on dairies equipped with anaerobic digestion systems.
The planned joint venture (JV) is expected to deploy OriginClear’s Electro Water Separation (EWS) technology for first-stage water clarification of agricultural effluents.
“Tougher water disposal regulations are forcing farmers to implement on-site water treatment solutions,” says Steve Herman, owner and CEO of RWT. “Farmers are looking for innovative means to clean it back to drinking water grade.”
OriginClear will grant the JV a license to integrate its EWS technology into the treatment process, while RWT will contribute its industry relationships and market to the farmers.
While the JV plans to target all dairies, it is designed especially to serve the needs of the anaerobic digester market. There are also numerous small-scale digesters operating in China, where OriginClear recently established another JV.
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures