GE Industrial Internet Platform Improves Water Treatment Systems Management
General Electric has launched InSight Analytics, an industrial internet product that GE says improves performance management of water treatment systems.
InSight Analytics can help achieve greater system efficiency, reduce operating costs and optimize production by providing near real-time performance calculations and clear, reliable reporting, GE says. Using the predictive analytics capability of the original InSight platform, GE InSight Analytics collects performance data to enable operators to resolve critical issues, prevent problems before they occur, optimize operations and make strategic decisions.
The first GE analytics available are for reverse osmosis (RO) membranes (pictured) and condenser efficiency in heat transfer systems. InSight Analytics for RO will help operators get the most out of their membranes through better management of their membrane cleaning schedules, an important step in preventing deposits from forming on membranes, which reduce membrane efficiency and waste valuable energy.
The other offering, InSight Analytics for condenser efficiency, brings a new level of reliability and transparency to measuring condenser efficiency in heat transfer systems, offering real-time data normalization, even during peak production times, in a clear, simplified report, GE says.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency