Environmental Leader Q&A Podcast: The Hyperion Water Reclamation Plant in Los Angeles
In late November, Constellation Energy began construction of a 25 MW cogeneration plant at the Hyperion treatment facility in Los Angeles, which is the largest waste treatment plant west of the Mississippi River. The cogeneration plant will capture the methane produced by the waste to drive a turbine. The turbine will create power and steam. The power will run plant and the steam will drive the gas digestion process.
Energy Manager Today’s Carl Weinschenk had the opportunity to speak with Gary Fromer, Constellation’s Senior Vice President of Distributed Energy.
Energy Manager News
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project