Mobile Environmental Spill Decontamination Unit Launched
Directa Plus has launched the Grafysorber Decontamination Unit, the worldâ€™s first graphene-based system for addressing environmental emergencies such as oil spills. The mobile units can be deployed quickly and are at least five times moreÂ adsorptive than conventional solutions, according to the company.
The Grafysorber Decontamination Unit contains a plasma machine that can produce all the graphene necessary to purify the contaminated water directly at the site. The ability to produce the graphene on site and in the right quantity makes it a cost-effective solution compared with conventional solutions.
Grafysorber enables the recovery and recycling of the adsorbed oils, and it does not contain any toxic substances. It has received approval from the Ministry of Environment in Italy and in Romania.
Energy Manager News
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Monthâ€™s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project