American Water, Corona Environmental Consulting Develop Water Systems Monitoring Platform
American Water has formed a partnership with Corona Environmental Consulting to develop WaterSuite, a cloud-based geographic information system software platform that uses real-time data from various sources to enable effective and efficient management of water resources and data-driven decision-making.
The partnership is a result of American Water’s Innovation Development Process.
WaterSuite allows utilities to visualize potential sources of contamination within a watershed, import and share water quality measurements and emergency monitoring plans, track water quality and movement of chemicals in the event of an unplanned release and search for possible contaminants by characteristic. The platform is secure, interactive and easily customized.
The software is being expanded to capture, integrate and analyze water quality data to identify conditions that may require further investigation. Such tools will allow for the development of more accurate early warning systems to identify potential declines in source water quality.
Formed in 2009, American Water’s Innovation Development Process aims to combine the company’s research and development acumen, technical expertise and infrastructure assets with internal innovations and those of its partners to create greater efficiencies in the areas of water reuse, desalination, wastewater operations and bioenergy.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool