TerraVerdae Expands Bioplastic Portfolio
Bioplastics and biomaterials develoer TerraVerdae BioWorks has partnered with biopolymer firm PolyFerm in a move that TerraVerdae says will allow it to expand its elastomeric PHA biomaterials portfolio into the biodegradable thermoelastomer market.
PolyFerm has developed the only line of biodegradable thermoelastomers in the industry made entirely from renewable feedstocks. The bioplastic has applications for adhesives and sealants, plastic additives, inks and toners, paints and coatings, and medical devices.
Elastomeric PHAs represent one of the most versatile classes of engineered materials for a number of commercial uses. These biodegradable materials combine the look, feel and elasticity of conventional thermoset rubber with improved processing efficiencies and are capable of withstanding large deformations while regaining their original shape. They also exhibit unique performance characteristics such as toughness, resilience, stretchability and stiffness.
Energy Manager News
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018