CleanB System Helps Florida Wastewater Treatment Plant Save Money
NuTerra, a waste and biosolids management company, has commenced installation of a CleanB system at the wastewater treatment plant in Vero Beach, Florida. The new system will save transportation and energy costs, eliminate odors, and provide environmental benefits to the city. Completion of the project is slated for summer 2016.
Vero Beach is the sixth wastewater treatment operation in Florida to adopt BCR Environmental’s CleanB as a way to address diminishing disposal outlets and landfill capacity, increasing environmental regulations and rising energy costs. CleanB systems produce odorless biosolids and reduce nutrient return loads created by digestion processes.
In 10 minutes of contact time, the CleanB system disinfects, eliminates odor and enhances dewatering of secondary sludge without the need for aerobic digestion and odor-control systems. Increases of five percent or more in total cake solids are not uncommon. The resultant dewatered material enables access to a greater number of disposal outlets and beneficial reuse strategies.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs