CleanB System Helps Florida Wastewater Treatment Plant Save Money
NuTerra, a waste and biosolids management company, has commenced installation of a CleanB system at the wastewater treatment plant in Vero Beach, Florida. The new system will save transportation and energy costs, eliminate odors, and provide environmental benefits to the city. Completion of the project is slated for summer 2016.
Vero Beach is the sixth wastewater treatment operation in Florida to adopt BCR Environmental’s CleanB as a way to address diminishing disposal outlets and landfill capacity, increasing environmental regulations and rising energy costs. CleanB systems produce odorless biosolids and reduce nutrient return loads created by digestion processes.
In 10 minutes of contact time, the CleanB system disinfects, eliminates odor and enhances dewatering of secondary sludge without the need for aerobic digestion and odor-control systems. Increases of five percent or more in total cake solids are not uncommon. The resultant dewatered material enables access to a greater number of disposal outlets and beneficial reuse strategies.
Energy Manager News
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables