CNG Hoses Feature Market-Leading Certifications, Reduced Delivery Times, Says Eaton
Power management company Eaton has launched the high pressure 35NG hose and low pressure NG-TW hose for compressed natural gas (CNG) applications. Tested by TÜV Rheinland, the hoses are among the first to be certified to ANSI NGV 4.2 Class A & D and ANSI NGV 3.1 Class B & C, the company says.
Primarily utilized in dispensing and commercial vehicle applications, such as garbage trucks, buses and delivery vehicles, the certified hose offerings ensure safety requirements and quality standards are met.
Featuring an ultraviolet light (UV) resistant cover, the 35NG hose outlasts competitive alternatives by 5-to-one. The hose assemblies are designed to dissipate static electricity for safety. Additionally, the 35NG hose offers low volumetric expansion and available twin-line designs. Constructed with a Teflon resin tube, a stainless steel wire braid and a fire retardant cover, the low pressure NG-TW hose is built to withstand the high temperatures found under the hood – up to 121 degrees Celsius (C). The NG-TW hose is also extremely flexible and offers a low permeation rate, Eaton says.
“With volatile oil prices and large natural gas reserves in North America, the market for CNG vehicles has expanded rapidly over the past few years, and end users are looking to clean burning CNG to help reduce emissions and costs,” said Chris Schwab, global product manager, Eaton.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool