Wastewater Recycling Process Can Reduce Disposal Costs 98%
A vacuum distillation system by H2O GmbH has reduced the amount of wastewater produced and saved more than €100,000 ($108,280) annually for thermofin, a German metalworking company.
Bernd Löffler, general manager at thermofin, says the investment paid for itself in just one year, delivering savings by eliminating wastewater and disposal costs.
H2O GmbH says depending on the level of contamination, its Vacudest vacuum distillation systems evaporate 100 percent wastewater to produce 98 percent pure water, leaving only 2 percent residue. The company says by recycling wastewater this way, customers can reduce disposal costs by up to 98 percent.
The company says what sets Vacudest apart is the patented technologies from the application center for wastewater-free technology that guarantee consistent distillate quality. The distillate is virtually free from oils, making it optimally suited for reuse, even in demanding processes.
Any company generating more than 180 cubic meters of wastewater each year can save money, according to H2O GmbH. Oily cooling lubricant emulsions, die-casting release emulsions and rinse water used in cleaning parts and in surface treatment processes can be treated, to name just a few examples.
Energy Manager News
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra