Oil Mist Filters for Continuous Operation
Nederman has introduced a new range of oil mist filtration products, called Nederman Filtac, based on its FibreDrain technology, designed for continuous operation.
Oil mist and smoke, generated by nearly every metal machining operation, can harm employee health, production equipment and business revenue.
Nederman says the difference between mist and smoke that presents a significant challenge in metal machining operations is that oil mist is comprised of liquid droplets generally up to 20 microns in size. With higher machine speeds and pressure, the mist drops get so small that a liquid smoke, containing droplets less than 1 micron, can be created. Capturing these extremely small droplets requires specially treated and highly efficient filters.
The composition of the FibreDrain filters makes it possible to capture even the smallest submicron droplets and drain them back to the process with maintained filtration efficiency, the company says. The fluid drainage capacity ensures maximum coolant retrieval and reduces coolant consumption.
Additionally, the FibreDrain design secures long filter life and thus low operating cost, the company says. A wide range of filter compositions are available to suit most applications.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency