Tetra Pak Launches 100% Renewable Carton Packaging in US
Sustainable packaging company Tetra Pak says it has produced the first 100 percent renewable Gable Top package in the US: cartons developed from a combination of paperboard and sugar cane derived plastics.
First introduced in Europe last year as Tetra Rex bio-based, the new Tetra Pak Gable Top bio-based package was adapted for the US market, the company says.
Carmen Becker, president and CEO at Tetra Pak, says being the first to offer a fully renewable carton to the US market gives his customers a competitive advantage. Tetra Pak customers using the standard half-gallon gable top with or without closure can transition to the new bio-based version without the need for any additional investment or modification to their existing filling machines.
In addition to its Gable Top bio-based package in the US and the Tetra Rex bio-based package in Europe, the company has launched the industry’s first bio-based cap globally and introduced bio-based coatings for all packages produced in Brazil.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency