Call2Recycle, Battery Solutions Partner to Increase Battery Recycling Efficiency
Battery Solutions has recently started receiving batteries from Call2Recycle’s collection sites across the US.
Call2Recycle CEO Carl Smith says Battery Solutions is the “leader in sorting technologies,” and says this represents a huge opportunity to improve the efficiency of managing waste batteries.
Call2Recycle expects to collect 7 million pounds of batteries in 2016, adding to Battery Solutions’ 40 million annual pounds of batteries collected for recycling.
Battery Solutions says it recently added the first and only automated battery sorting technology in North America to sort batteries by chemistry.
Rechargeable batteries and cellphones collected for recycling via Call2Recycle’s program increased 5 percent during 2015, to a record-breaking 12.6 million pounds – the 19th consecutive year-over-year increase, the organization says.
Photo Credit: battery recycling via Shutterstock
Energy Manager News
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018