BioHiTech Mobile App Taps Internet of Things to Improve Waste Management
BioHiTech America has launched a mobile app that the food waste management company says gives users improved accessibility and transparency to food waste creation and disposal.
The BioHiTech Cirrus app provides access to real-time data, creating immediate opportunities to identify inefficiencies and improve operating margins, the company says.
BioHiTech’s food waste system is based on data and analytics. BioHiTech’s on-site Eco-Safe Digester is equipped with an on board scale that weighs food waste each time it is added, determining where, when, and what food waste is being disposed. This insight into the waste stream gives businesses the data needed to improve the food waste disposal process and identifies ways to prevent it altogether, the company says.
The app, which is available for iOS and Android devices, allows customers to check the digester’s real-time status, track the machine utilization and view operational alerts and alarms. Remote monitoring keeps all of the digesters operating as designed, reducing downtime and decreasing on-site service visits.
Companies can also monitor multiple digesters and request service calls on the app.
Energy Manager News
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra