Mobile Waste Shredder Turns C&I, C&D, MSW into Fuel
A mobile waste shredder by UNTHA is the first of its kind to shred with a low-power electric drive and, because of its on-board auxiliary power pack, it can be moved around a production facility and plugged back in, the company says.
The UNTHA XR mobil-e waste shredder provides customers with high throughputs, low operating costs, energy efficiency, low noise, foreign object protection and ease of maintenance, the company says.
It has been in trials across Europe and has successfully shredded municipal solid waste, commercial and industrial waste, construction and demolition waste, wood and other bulky materials to produce alternative fuels. It will be demonstrated to the general public for the first time at IFAT 2016, a global trade fair for water, sewage, waste and raw materials management in Germany, May 30-June 3.
The new electrically driven mobile shredder, like it predecessor, the XR, can manufacture a wide range of fuels for the waste-to-energy, cement, gasifier and biomass markets. A series of interchangeable screens and cutters enable these shredders to be configured according to the output specification, with homogenous particles of 30-400mm achievable, the company says.
Don’t miss our Environmental Leader 2016 Conference in June.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency